I am SO grateful this book was so short!! It was dreadful! Now it is no secret that I am not a Jane Austen fan. I don’t understand remotely why so many women in the world think she is the best ever. I don’t like the books and I don’t like the movies either. Now, that being said, I have not attempted one of her books or movies for many many years. I came across this one in my path at the library and thought I’d give Jane Austen another chance hoping that maybe my life perspective had altered and I might get what all the fuss was about seeing how it wasn’t a main stream of her works and one I was not familiar with. Well at this point my opinion of Ms. Austen is set in stone.
I HATED this book! I couldn’t stand the characters or the plot. It goes on my list along with “Gone With The Wind“. In fact I think that the Lady Susan, her sister-in-law and Scarlett O’Hara could all be great friends, or as close as any would actually be capable of having. Full of conniving, manipulating and gossiping women. Who have nothing better in life than to bicker, talk behind the backs of others and backstabbing. No wonder some men have so much negativity about some of the women in this world! Because so many women find Jane Austen so wonderful! But that’s all I could ever see in any of her other books.
- Review–Lady Susan (darlenemarshall.blogspot.com)
- What Matters in Jane Austen? (shelflove.wordpress.com)
- Rare first edition copy of Jane Austen’s Emma to be auctioned (thehindu.com)
- Get to Know Maria Grazia founder of Fly High and My Jane Austen Book Club (authormariagrace.com)
- When all else fails, I turn to Jane Austen! (booksintheburbs.com)
- Behind Jane Austen’s Door (maryslibrary.typepad.com)
- Jane Austen Bandages (neatorama.com)
- Maria Bello Talks Captain Underpants and the Jane Austen Book Club | Babble (babble.com)
- My review of the Cambridge edition of Austen’s Later Manuscripts (reveriesunderthesignofausten.wordpress.com)
- How to Flirt Jane Austen Style (abullseyeview.com)