I love Maya Angelou and was very excited to learn more about her life, what it was like and what made her who she is.
That being said, it was interesting to really learn a lot more about her and things in her life I would have never guessed! I really learned much about this astounding woman. In addition I have added more levels of appreciation.
That being said, this was a hard book to read. It didn’t follower her normal writing styles and seemed to go on and on. It just goes to show the differences of what we all find interesting and important about our lives. It could have been that it was a hard read for me since it immediately followed me finishing “The Help“. Out of the biographies I’ve read, I’d have to say, this isn’t my favorite. But still good to read.
Nonetheless, I found it an informative, interesting, and enlightening to one amazing and “Phenomenal Woman“!
(Actually Finished June 26th, 2013)
- Mom & Me & Mom by Maya Angelou (midnighttingedmusings.wordpress.com)
- Maya Angelou on Doing What You Love (community.ally.com)
- The Heart of a Woman – Maya Angelou (popularbookreviewsandinfo.com)
- Famous Maya Angelou Quotes (famous101.com)
- Favorite Excerpt “I Have Learned….” by Maya Angelou. (dshenai.wordpress.com)