I’ve been a fan of Gary Chapman and his 5 Love Languages since I was introduced to them at the age of 18 in 1999. How grateful I am to my friends and their recommendation! It’s been one of the best blessings in my relationships & life!
Naturally because of my admiration of Dr. Chapman
‘s work I was intrigued with this idea and concept. I found that it was very applicable and fun learning more about each of the 5 languages and how to more effectively communicate appreciation to my colleagues that I spend so much time with, even if I am a bit of a hermit at work. I am very aware of those that assist me and so appreciative of their efforts! I also know that I am happier in my workplace and with the efforts that I also put forth when I know that I’m also appreciated. I’m very hard on myself and expect a lot out of myself. Unfortunately I’m not always my own best friend. Positive reinforcement and appreciation goes a LONG way with me!
My love languages are acts of service and quality time, which are not always easy to express or receive in the work place. Especially with me sticking to myself until I don’t feel like I’m the new girl trying to prove that I am capable and make a difference.
I think this book is a great asset to have under your tool belt and I can definitely see the the many positive affects that it might place in motion when implemented throughout a company, albeit slightly awkward at first.
The first 3/4 of the book, was great and hard to put down. It moved quickly was engaging and fascinating. It all remained fascinating and very easy application steps and follow. The last 1/4 of the book moved very slowly. But still really great book! Highly Recommend. I actually immediately bought myself a audio and print version of this book upon completion! 🙂
(Actually Finished August 8th 2013)
- The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace: Empowering Organizations book (osdoforo.wordpress.com)
- How Do You Best Motivate Employees? (pediatricinc.com)
- The 5 Love Languages (oxygen218.wordpress.com)
- The Five Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace (scotteblin.typepad.com)
- Happy, Healthy and Helpful: Six Tips for Employee Retention (staples.com)
- Technology capable of turning signs into text set to “empower” sign language users (amplifon.co.uk)
- 101 Conversation Starters for Couples by Gary Chapman & Ramon Presson (lucky4jill.wordpress.com)
- What’s Your Love Language? (tulletales.com)
- God speaks the Love languages (mjserafica.wordpress.com)
- People in Love : Five Love Languages (tania21.wordpress.com)