I’m one that has a really hard time giving in to read really ‘popular’ books… so I procrastinate and procrastinate simply because I don’t want to simply follow the crowd. Well I have to admit on this one, it was a simply amazing book! What courage, dedication and resolve these strong women showed in the face of adversity. I don’t know that I would have had the same courage and conviction, if I were in any of those roles, to be the difference, I pray that I would, but I just don’t know.
The writing style was well done in this book, easy to follow and most definitely engaging! Once I got into it, it did take a minute, I couldn’t put it down. I found every opportunity I could to read, and found myself laughing and crying all the way through. Definitely heart wrenching.
I am curious though, I know it was based on a true story. But if that’s the case and this is the story about them writing their story, and their story in the book is titled “The Help” then where is the other book??
I wish I would have had the few minutes to write the review when I finished this book. However, I delayed because I wanted to give it the time and dedication in writing a review it deserved, and unfortunately I’m writing it 3 months later and not giving it the love I wanted it because it’s faded a bit.
Regardless, fantastic read everyone should put on their list, popular or not.
(Actually Finished June 3rd,2013)
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett (wereallmadherebookblog.wordpress.com)
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett (mrsdandboysofthree.wordpress.com)
- “The Help” by Kathryn Stockett 2013 Books 3/29 ~ (drawmemylife.wordpress.com)
- Adopting a Point of View (virginiamacgregorwrites.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: The Help by Stockett (4 Stars) (mossjon314159.wordpress.com)
- The Help : A book review (aionofiris.wordpress.com)
- The Help, Twins Book Review (jillscabanastories.wordpress.com)
- Write About What Disturbs You (virginiamacgregorwrites.wordpress.com)